Monday, October 12, 2015

Homemade Laundry Detergent - (Powered)

Repost from 4/2014...

I have been reading about this powered laundry detergent on so many blogs lately. Seems everyone is putting their own spin on it. I used this in the past for quite sometime, however, mine was liquid. I can't tell you the agony I went through trying to dissolve the bar of soap. That is the only reason I stopped making my own. I really enjoyed that it last for about 7-8 months and only cost me around $20 for all the ingredients. I thought how easy would it be to DIY my own "powered" detergent. Hey! That means I don't have to stand over a hot stove and stir, stir and stir.

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the ingredients to make my own again. This is what I opted to put together to make mine.

My Homemade Laundry Soap 

1~ 4lb 12 oz box of Borax
1~ 4 lb box of Arm And Hammer Baking Soda
1~ 3 lb 7 oz box of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1~ 1.3lb  container Oxy Clean - no perfumes
2 bars Fels Naptha Soap, grated or use your ninja
2 containers Downy Un Stopables 

Mix all the ingredients in a large container. This recipes makes a huge amount of laundry soap!


















I put about a 1/4 of the soap in a big glass jar and made a pretty label for it. I purchased this cool jar from Target to store it in while using. I used the Martha Stewart chalkboard labels to make it my own. They work perfectly for this use.

I've read where you are to use about 2 tablespoons per load. I use about 3, and add them directly into the tub/drum. I also add vinegar to the dispenser for bleach.

Angela

Happy Friday Y'all!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment